Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lemon tree by Fools Garden

Lemon Tree by Fool's Garden http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3x4HvXTyGQ
A song to act out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko3DehsSQZ0&feature=channel_page


Intro: C#m F#m C#m F#m C#m Bm C#m F#m
VERSE 1
C#m F#m
I'm sitting here in a boring room
C#m F#m
It's just another rainy Sunday afternoon
C#m F#m
I'm wasting my time I got nothing to do
C#m F#m
I'hanging around and I'm waiting for you
C#m Bm
But nothing ever happens
C#m F#m
And I wonder...

VERSE 2
I'm driving around in my car
I'm driving too fast
I'm driving too far
I'd like to change my point of view
I feel so lonely
I'm waiting for you
But nothing every happens and I wonder

CHORUS:
A E
I wonder how. I wonder why.
F#m C#m
Yesterday you told me about the blue-blue sky
D
And all that I can see
E A E
It's just a yellow lemon tree
A E
I'm turning my head up and down
F#m C#m
I'm turning turning turning turning turning around
B
And all that I can see
E A E
It's just a yellow lemon tree
POST CHORUS: C#m F#m C#m F#m C#m Bm C#m F#m

VERSE 3
I'm sitting here, I miss the power
I'd like to go out taking a shower
But there's a heavy cloud inside my head
I feel so tired, put myself into bed
Well nothing ever happens and I wonder

BRIDGE:
B C#m F#m
Isolation It's not good for me
B C#m F#m
Isolation, and I don't want to sit on the lemon tree

VERSE 4
I'm stepping around in the desert of joy
Baby anyhow I'll get another toy
And everything will happen and you wonder.

Using picture language:
In this song what does the lemon tree represent? Why?

What is the difference between using the lemon tree as a metaphor or using it as a similie? Which is more effective?

No comments: