Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Exploring the theme of missing home: My Love

My Love by Westlife

(C)An empty street
(G)An empty house
(Em) A hole inside my heart (Am)
(F) I'm all alone
The rooms are getting (G) smaller
I wonder(C) how I wonder(G) why I wonder(Em) where they are(Am)
The days(F) we had
The songs(F) we sang(G) together
Oh yeah And(Dm) all (F) my love(G)
We're holding(Am) on forever(F)
Reaching(Dm) for the love that seems so far (G)

Chorus:
So I say(F) a little prayer(C)
Hope my(F) dreams will take me(C) there
Where the skies(Dm) are blue
To see you(c) once again(Dm) my love(G)
Overseas from (F) coast to coast(C)
Find the(F) place I love(C) the most
Where the fields(Dm) are green
To see you(C) once again(G) my love(C)

I try to read I go to work
I'm laughing with my friends
But I can't stop
To keep myself from thinking
Oh no I wonder how I wonder why I wonder where they are
The days we had
The songs we sang together
Oh yeah And all my love
We're holding on forever
Reaching for the love that seems so far

Background to song
This song talks about feeling a longing for home. It talks about the separation between the physical, and the emotional (and mental) state of the person who is feeling homesick. How does your own experience of being homesick compare to this song? How does this song differ from Michael Buble's song Home?

No comments: